Saturday 9 January 2016

2015 Favourite Reads

It's the end of another year and time for me to look back on my past year of reading and amongst the 50 or so I've read, choose my top reads of the year!

1. Dearest Clementine, Lex Martin

Rating:  ★★★
Genre: New Adult, Romance

This was a novel I was initially drawn to because how nice the cover was! But it absolutely "book thumped" me and left me in mourning once finished. Clementine has her heart broken and then shuts off from the world focusing on her future and college. But after meeting Gavin Murphy her plan starts to fail and she wonders if she can get over her trust issue to find happiness. There is so much more drama and story involved and I felt so alike to Clem and have never related to a character as much before!

Amazon:Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series


2. Beauty From Pain, Georgia Cates

Rating: ★★★
Genre: New Adult, Romance

This novel is a dark horse; it sounds relatively run of the mill but OH MY GOD! The emotional rollercoaster that comes with this is unbelievable. It is gripping and heart-wrenching as the reader follows the whirlwind romance of Laurelyn and Jack, that becomes as a result of a 3 month deal to be together and then part ways without another word.  But everyone knows, nothing is ever that simple when love is concerned!


3. Just a Few Inches, Tara St. Pierre

Rating: ★★★
Genre:   Young Adult, Mystery

This year only one Read to Review novel made it into my favourite list. I would give this novel to every YA there is to read and take on board the message in this. I loved it. Self image and body issues are addressed but in an extremely unique, somewhat humorous, and sci-fi manner, but really hammering the point home about being comfortable in yourself. Fantastic and one of the most thought-provoking works I've read.



4. Fallen Crest Public (Fallen Crest High #3), Tijan

Rating:  ★★★
Genre:  New Adult, Drama, Romance

The first book in this series was on my 2014 list of favourites and now the third book makes an appearance. I love everything by Tijan. Her writing, her characters, her stories. All of it. These books will always be one of my top series as we follow the dramatic life of Sam and the Kade brothers and the romantic obstacles they face. I stand by what I've said a few times that every NA reader should take a look at this series! 

My Review

Amazon:Fallen Crest Public (Fallen Crest Series, Book 3)


5. Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark #1), Pepper Winters

Rating:  ★★★
Genre: Adult, Dark, Romance

This is a dark novel by all means. But if you can handle taboo topics then I would highly recommend this book (Or if you liked the Captive in the Dark series.) Tess is kidnapped abroad and sold to Q as a slave. But Q is not the feared master Tess initially thought, as he has his own secrets and dark past that explains his actions. This contains abuse but is an addictive and gripping read. I fell completely into their world and read the book in a short time. Such a unique take on the topic/genre.
My Review


Amazon:Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark Book 1)



6. The Experiment of Dreams, by Brandon Zenner

Rating: ★★★
Genre:  Thriller, Suspense

This was absolutely fantastic! It had such an original and imaginative concept that drew me in from the first page and sent me on such a crazy ride of plot twists and mind-f*cks. Ben has the ability to lucid dream and gets involved with scientific experiments involving the study of dreams and sleep, but soon realises he is in a lot more danger than he originally thought - not only can he not trust those he works with... he can't even trust himself.

My Review

Amazon:The Experiment of Dreams